Useful links

Below you can find a list of support available to you at the University.

  • Health and Wellbeing

There are various health and wellbeing services available to you within the University, this page contains links to services which our students have found helpful in supporting physical and mental wellbeing

Visit the Health and Wellbeing site

  • Student Counselling Service

The Student Counselling Service is available to all students. You are able to self-refer to the service and in initial appointment is usually offered fairly quickly. Students refer to the counselling service for all sorts of reasons, and the trained counsellors can help with a wide range of issues that you might be facing.

Visit the Student Counselling website

  • The Advice Place

The Advice Place is run by EUSA and can be found within the Pleasance Dome. They offer online and in person meetings and can provide advice and guidance on a huge range of issues, including accommodation, finance, academic misconduct and wellbeing.

Visit the Advice Place website

  • The Listening Service

This is an award winning service run by The Chaplaincy. They provide confidential, non-judgemental listening to all students and staff, of all faiths and none. ‘It is no-fuss-accessible, radically flexible, 24-hour, and resourcefully diverse in the EDI background and varieties of professional expertise of the Listeners.’

Visit the The Listening Service website

  • Disability and Learning Support Service

The Disability and learning Support Service (DLSS) provides a range of support to students with disabilities, learning differences, neurodiversity and health conditions. This support is directly related to study, and includes support such as learning adjustments, help with applying for disabled student allowance funding, and specialist mental health mentors. You can contact DLSS directly, or if you would prefer, your Student Adviser would be very happy to chat through this service with you first.

Visit the Disability and Learning Support Service website

  • ESC

The extensions and special circumstances (ESC) service helps students who need additional support with assessments. Support is available to students facing unforeseen, challenging circumstances. Your Student Adviser can talk through your circumstances with you, and help with any concerns and with the application process.

The extension and special circumstances applications can be made from:

More information can be found on the Teaching and Assessment section.

  • Student Immigration Service

The Student Immigration Service provides advice and guidance to students on all matters relating to visas and studying in the UK as an Overseas student.

Visit the Student Immigration website

  • Student Health Service

Visit the University Health Service website

  • Student Accommodation 

Visit the Student Accommodation website