National Oxford Uehiro Prize in Practical Ethics – Event Reminder
We’re delighted to see entries for the Annual Oxford Uehiro Prize in Practical Ethics coming in already from uni students all over the UK. There’s still plenty of time to take part – the deadline is 15th Feb. To see previous winners visit https://www.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/oxford-uehiro-prize
For terms and conditions see: https://www.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/events#tab-1666461
Annual oxford uehiro prize in practical ethics 2022
The Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics is pleased to announce the national roll-out of the Oxford Uehiro Prize in Practical Ethics.
- All graduate and undergraduate students (full and part-time) currently enrolled at any UK university, in any subject, are invited to enter the National Oxford Uehiro Prize in Practical Ethics by submitting an essay of up to 2000 words on any topic relevant to practical ethics.
- Practical ethics is concerned with what we should do in any given situation. It reflects on personal, professional, policy, and social choices and structures and holds them up to scrutiny. It may balance or prioritise different values and interests.
- Two undergraduate papers and two graduate papers will be shortlisted from those submitted to go forward to a public presentation and discussion, where the winner of each category will be selected.
- The winner from each category will receive a prize of £300, and the runner up £100. Revised versions of the two winning essays will be considered for publication in the Journal of Practical Ethics. The two winners from the prize will be invited to take part in an online Q&A, as part of the Oxford Uehiro Festival of Arguments, which will take place the following week, w/c March 19th 2022.
- To enter, please submit your written papers by the end of Tuesday 15th February 2022 to email@example.com. Finalists will be notified on Tuesday 22nd February of selection. The public presentation will take place on Tuesday 15th March, from 5:30pm. Please save this presentation date, as you will need to attend if selected as a finalist.
Detailed instructions are available here: https://bit.ly/38PgSmV