Final Year Student Opportunity for The Times Final Year Student Survey
High Fliers Research, in association with The Times, is looking for a well-connected, hard working and highly organised individual to represent us as University Manager. The role commences September 2021 and is open to students who will be entering their final year from this date.
The ideal candidate will be sociable and have a good knowledge of their campus, with connections to a variety of societies and clubs. They must be able to plan and organise efficiently; and have the ability to work independently using their initiative to deliver the task at hand on time and to a high standard, alongside their studies. Excellent communication and leadership skills are imperative, as the main task will involve recruiting, managing and motivating your own team of students. Candidates must be committed to achieving results.
You will conduct a number of tasks during Semesters 1 and 2; the largest of which will be to manage The Times Final Year Student Survey. The results of the Survey will be presented to the UK’s top graduate employers in spring 2022.
Semester 1 tasks:
– Form and develop relationships with university media, departments, societies and sports clubs;
– Orchestrate a series of research groups;
– Carry out promotions and ensure sign ups to our paid online surveys;
– Other promotion work using central marketing resources (emails, social media posting, physical ads if possible);
– Recruiting a team of up to 45* students to work as Interviewers for The Times Final Year Student Survey in Semester 2.
*Team size is directly proportional to university population.
Semester 2 tasks:
– Completing the recruitment of your team of Interviewers for the survey;
– Organising a training session;
– Managing The Times Final Year Student Survey on campus to ensure your team reaches their target, delivering the sample we need;
– Producing a handover report for next years University Managers and recommending contacts for the position.
Apply now if you are:
– Entering the final year of your studies in September 2021;
– An outgoing individual with excellent communication skills;
– Reliable and committed;
– Self-motivated and driven;
– Dedicated and able to give 2-8 hours of work a week, depending on the time of year and/or non term times