MyPlus Student’s Club: Careers Support for Students with Disabilities
At MyPlus Students’ Club our vision is to ensure that having a *disability or long-term health condition doesn’t prevent anyone from having the career that they want to have. The MyPlus Students’ Club website provides students with the expert careers advice and support that they need to enable them to manage their disability whilst navigating the recruitment process and realising your career potential.
*A disability or long-term condition includes, but is not limited to visual and hearing impairments, mobility impairments, Asperger’s Syndrome, diabetes, epilepsy, dyslexia, dyspraxia, mental health conditions, speech impairments and major illnesses such as cancer and MS.
Did you know?
· 14% of students at UK universities identify as having a disability.
· This includes cognitive or learning difficulties, mental health conditions, physical impairments, long term health conditions and social or communications impairments.
· Many students with disabilities face unique challenges when applying for jobs, internships and placements.
· Students with disabilities have unique transferable skills and strengths, developed as a result of managing their disability, which disability confident employers are looking to access – students can read about embracing and communicating your strength in our eBooks.
How we can help · We put students in touch with disability confident employers · We advertise current job opportunities and internships from leading disability confident graduate recruiters. · We host free webinars and insight events covering all aspects of applying with a disability – everything a student needs to know in one place.
· We provide information on how to overcome the key challenges students may face during the rercruitment process in our Advice & Resources section. · We show students what is possible through our blogs and stories from the workplace. · If you are looking to explore opportunities in Law – our Explore the Law careers insight event will take place on 25th November – register today! · Interested in applying for a career in investment banking? Register for Investing in Talent today.
Sign up today, for FREE access to job opportunities, eBooks, events, templates, FAQs and much more here: Register – MyPlus Students’ Club