Students from all degrees wanted for Edinburgh-based Investment Management Scheme!
Are you looking for an intellectually rigorous graduate position? A long-established, highly successful investment manager in Edinburgh, Scotland, is looking for naturally curious, interesting graduates from all degrees to join their Investment Graduate scheme
Imagine a role where your creativity is held in higher esteem than your numeracy skills. A position where it’s your curiosity that counts and your potential is key. This asset manager is less interested in what you know, and more interested in your curiosity to know more…
|Company||Edinburgh-based Investment Management Firm|
|Role||Investment Management Graduate Scheme|
|Start Date||September 2020|
|Deadline||29th November 2019|
We’ve had students from a huge variety of degrees hired onto this graduate scheme in the past – they specifically look for students from arts, humanities, STEM and masters/PhD backgrounds!
Who is the company?
– Our client is a long established, partner-run and hugely successful Investment Management firm based in the heart of Edinburgh.
– The company has over 100 years of experience and assets under management exceeding £100bn.
– Their approach to research, their determination to always look to the long term and their culture drives their success.
– For them, it’s not about looking for graduates from a particular degree – instead, they look for inquisitive thinkers with an alternative view on things, who have the vision to see what the future could look like.
What is the role?
– As a graduate trainee, 80% of your time is spent researching.
– You will be collecting information to create your own unique viewpoint, helping you to spot investment opportunities.
– Identifying and understanding the evolution of corporate culture as well as industry and societal trends will require creativity and skill.
– The ability to explore politics, socio-economic conditions and current affairs is crucial and, whilst it can be challenging, it is also incredibly intellectually rewarding.
– Within the first few months you will work with people from all levels of the business, from previous graduates, all the way up to partners in the firm.
– Excellent written and communication skills are key as you will regularly write up your findings and present them to your team.
Why should you apply?
– The firm is truly leading in its field and employs only the very best minds.
– It has a collegiate, friendly company culture with extensive support and training, including for the IMC/CFA qualifications.
– There are lots of opportunities for career progression with almost all partners having started at the company as graduates.
– You’ll be working in the very heart of Edinburgh within beautiful, modern offices.
Who is best suited to this role?
– An outstanding academic track record is crucial, including being on track to receive at least a 2:1 in ANY degree subject.
– Arts, humanities, STEM and postgraduate (masters or PhD) students are particularly encouraged to apply.
– This industry leader needs independent thinkers who are open-mindedly curious, interesting, enthusiastic, and questioning.
– They are seeking resilient individuals to whom research comes naturally. You must be able to cope with uncertainty.
– They are looking for brains and analytics, rather than financial experience or knowledge, so excellent candidates from any academic discipline should apply.
Click here to apply now:
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.